Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Authorization windows - Invalid authorization specification

Hi, Experts.
Another problem with Reporting Services authentication:
We have a windows 2003 server + iis 6.0 +Reporting Setvices
whose reports access to a sql server windows 2003 (both are situated
in the same domain).
Since I must use stored credentials in order to create subscriptions
I've decided to put a user from domain windows in stored
authentication.
As the result I´ve obtain the following error:
Error al procesar el informe. (rsProcessingAborted) Obtener ayuda en
línea
No se puede crear una conexión al origen de datos Ventas.
(rsErrorOpeningConnection) Obtener ayuda en línea
Invalid authorization specification
The user I've chosen is the same that I use to design reports and to
access the sql server usually, so I don´t understand the cause of this
error.
Good. Seeing that it has not work I´ve changed the user to "sa" and
everything works fine.
The unique problem I have that according to the policy secuirty of the
company
it is forbidden to use the sa user in order to execute the reports.
Windows authentication is strongly recommended. Any idea?
Regards
Maciej KiewraHi, Experts.
The ServicePack is the real reason of my problem.
I´ve removed RS and I've installed it again (without applying service pack)
everything ok.
Then I've installed the servicepack and now "windows authentication" does not work.
I know that in the service pack 1 a new System Property has been add that
permits the windows authentication to be disabled, but this parameter is set
to true, so it is not a case.
It seems that Reporting Service is already very premature
Regards
Maciej Kiewra
mkiewra@.mail.fujitsu.es (Maciej Kiewra) wrote in message news:<bc86bf57.0504050912.36611411@.posting.google.com>...
> Hi, Experts.
>
> Another problem with Reporting Services authentication:
> We have a windows 2003 server + iis 6.0 +Reporting Setvices
> whose reports access to a sql server windows 2003 (both are situated
> in the same domain).
> Since I must use stored credentials in order to create subscriptions
> I've decided to put a user from domain windows in stored
> authentication.
> As the result I´ve obtain the following error:
> Error al procesar el informe. (rsProcessingAborted) Obtener ayuda en
> línea
> No se puede crear una conexión al origen de datos Ventas.
> (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Obtener ayuda en línea
> Invalid authorization specification
> The user I've chosen is the same that I use to design reports and to
> access the sql server usually, so I don´t understand the cause of this
> error.
> Good. Seeing that it has not work I´ve changed the user to "sa" and
> everything works fine.
> The unique problem I have that according to the policy secuirty of the
> company
> it is forbidden to use the sa user in order to execute the reports.
> Windows authentication is strongly recommended. Any idea?
> Regards
> Maciej Kiewrasql

No comments:

Post a Comment