Sunday, March 25, 2012

Authentication/Security Issue!

Hi,
I have installed SQL reporting services on the local system test machine
[standard edition] which points to a DB that is on a different machine.
Everything works ok if I use a domain account and assign security rights for
each report. But in production I will want to have a local windows account
and assign read rights on the reports individually. I tried doing this in
the test environment.
When I try to access the site using the IP I get the windows log on box.
After entering the local user account I can get to the reports but as soon
as I try and run the report it gives me this error:
The permissions granted to user [domain\user] are insufficient for
performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)
The problem is i am not logged on as a domain user but as a local machine
user.
Was wondering if any of you have come across this error before and possibly
know the cause/solution to this.
Thanks for your help!
Regards
AnilHi Anil:
Even if you go to an IP address for the server, when you run a report
the report is rendered by an IFRAME element with the URL pointing to
the report server by name.
To verify this behavior, just right-click in the report area, select
properties, and look at the URL. You'll notice your address bar might
look like http://x.x.x.x, but the report properties URL will indicate
http://reporting. The server always uses the <ReportServerUrl> element
in RSWebApplication.config.
Since the IFRAME points you back to the server by name, IE is probably
automatically logging you in again with your domain account, which is
not in a Browse role. You can change IE's behavior in Tools ->
Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level -> User Authentication
(at the bottom of the list).
--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:31:41 +1200, "anil" <test@.test.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>I have installed SQL reporting services on the local system test machine
>[standard edition] which points to a DB that is on a different machine.
>Everything works ok if I use a domain account and assign security rights for
>each report. But in production I will want to have a local windows account
>and assign read rights on the reports individually. I tried doing this in
>the test environment.
>When I try to access the site using the IP I get the windows log on box.
>After entering the local user account I can get to the reports but as soon
>as I try and run the report it gives me this error:
>
>The permissions granted to user [domain\user] are insufficient for
>performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)
>The problem is i am not logged on as a domain user but as a local machine
>user.
>Was wondering if any of you have come across this error before and possibly
>know the cause/solution to this.
>Thanks for your help!
>Regards
>Anil
>

No comments:

Post a Comment