Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Authorization problems with SQL Developer's edition

I just installed developer's edition on a new laptop. Other machines in the
network cannot connect to this new instance.
At first it was TIMEOUTS - so I turned off the new WINDOWS firewall feature
(we are inside a small network anyway - no need for local firewalls - I
guess).
Then it was trying to connect as USERNAME = GUEST. I found GUEST as a
username under COMPUTER MANAGEMENT and disabled it.
Now it's getting login failed for user NULL.
Seems it's not on the network like the old laptop was. The old laptop did
not authenticate to the network, it logged in locally, but the SQL instance
was visible and connectable.
I cannot seem to add DOMAIN\usernames to this instance.
Any direction would be greatly appreciated.I would try to connect to it via its IP address using a SQL Server login jus
t
in case it is a DNS issue. Just a thought...
--
Thomas
"Steve Z" wrote:

> I just installed developer's edition on a new laptop. Other machines in t
he
> network cannot connect to this new instance.
> At first it was TIMEOUTS - so I turned off the new WINDOWS firewall featur
e
> (we are inside a small network anyway - no need for local firewalls - I
> guess).
> Then it was trying to connect as USERNAME = GUEST. I found GUEST as a
> username under COMPUTER MANAGEMENT and disabled it.
> Now it's getting login failed for user NULL.
> Seems it's not on the network like the old laptop was. The old laptop did
> not authenticate to the network, it logged in locally, but the SQL instanc
e
> was visible and connectable.
> I cannot seem to add DOMAIN\usernames to this instance.
> Any direction would be greatly appreciated.|||I am not a network person - and it really does show sometimes...
I did not join the domain properly with this new laptop.
Now that I've done that it's all set...
"Thomas" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> I would try to connect to it via its IP address using a SQL Server login j
ust
> in case it is a DNS issue. Just a thought...
> --
> Thomas
>
> "Steve Z" wrote:
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment