Sunday, March 25, 2012

Authentication With RS 2000

I am using RS 2000 Eval Edition
I have just enstalled it on my notebook. This is where my existing copy of
SQL Server 2000 resides. The SQL 2000 Server is working fine (as it has for
the past several months)
I installed RS 2000 Eval Edition using all of the "default" settings. I
then re-booted, and installed both RS 2000 Service Packages. ASP.net is
running, and I have verified this.
When I try to open the Report Manager a window pops up and states an
Authentication Required. It prompts me for a User Name and Password. When I
try to type in the Windows User Name and password, it fails. When I try to
type in the Username and password for the SQL 2000 Database it fails.
What am I doing wrong. I have installed RS 2000 Eval on another computer
several years ago so I know what the Report Manager looks like.
Further, I have tried simply going to the Internet and typing in several
variations of: http://<ServerName> directly. Each time it prompts for
Authentication.
I am becoming very frustrated and very angry. It should not be so difficult.
Any suggestions would be welcomed. Also, I have been asked to undertake
this work using SQL 2000 and RS 2000 so please don't tell me to get of of the
dark ages and upgrade to SQL 2005 and RS 2005!
PatHi Again...
I solved my problem by changing the Anonymous Access and Authentication
Control settings in the Default Website folder in my IIS settings.
Thanks
Pat
"Pat (Disciple of Aloof-ism)" wrote:
> I am using RS 2000 Eval Edition
> I have just enstalled it on my notebook. This is where my existing copy of
> SQL Server 2000 resides. The SQL 2000 Server is working fine (as it has for
> the past several months)
> I installed RS 2000 Eval Edition using all of the "default" settings. I
> then re-booted, and installed both RS 2000 Service Packages. ASP.net is
> running, and I have verified this.
> When I try to open the Report Manager a window pops up and states an
> Authentication Required. It prompts me for a User Name and Password. When I
> try to type in the Windows User Name and password, it fails. When I try to
> type in the Username and password for the SQL 2000 Database it fails.
> What am I doing wrong. I have installed RS 2000 Eval on another computer
> several years ago so I know what the Report Manager looks like.
> Further, I have tried simply going to the Internet and typing in several
> variations of: http://<ServerName> directly. Each time it prompts for
> Authentication.
> I am becoming very frustrated and very angry. It should not be so difficult.
> Any suggestions would be welcomed. Also, I have been asked to undertake
> this work using SQL 2000 and RS 2000 so please don't tell me to get of of the
> dark ages and upgrade to SQL 2005 and RS 2005!
> Pat
>

No comments:

Post a Comment