Sunday, March 25, 2012

Authentification problem with SQL 2k, IIS and Linked Server

Hello,

I have successfully created an Exchange 2000 linked server in Microsoft SQL server 2k. When I use my NT login, I can query it.

I'm now developping a website (ASP.NET in IIS 5). I have successfully created a web page querying my database. But now, I would like to query my linked server via my SQL server. I have try various authentification settings but I always got this error : OLE DB provider 'Exoledb.DataSource.1' reported an error. Authentication failed.

I know it is because the IIS process don't have any rights on the Exchange server but I would like to know what is the way to get around this without given rights to the IIS process (and creating huge security holes).

Thank a lot

Felix Pageau
fpageau@.str.cadid you try distributed queries ?

for example :
INSERT INTO [Database1name].[Owner].[Table]
SELECT *
FROM OPENQUERY ([LinkedServerName], SELECT Database2name.Table.* FROM Database2Name.Table)|||Hello,

this is exactly what I'm trying to do... I would like to know if it is possible to "impersonate" an Exchange Linked Server (with a user defined in the domain...) ?

Thank|||Review information from this KBA (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;285833) to go with Linked server authentication.|||Hello,
this is working fine with access but Exchange is using Active Directory login... Those example use plain text login & password. I have already try this way.

Thank a lot

Felix Pageau

No comments:

Post a Comment